Friday, March 13, 2009

Unreachable...

Today i asked a priest what his interpretation on true happiness was.
He said fulfilling what he wants and needs to do,
Gives him satisfaction that makes him happy and pleased.
He also said that, by following God,
And doing as God wishes for him to do,
Is also happiness for him.
What is happiness to me?
I suppose its being in a place where troubles can't reach you,
And being surrounded by people who make you smile,
And those who make you feel loved.
There is no one to pass hate or pain to you,
And you're never sad.
If that is what true happiness is,
Then i guess i'll never be happy.
I'm all alone against the world.
The one person i thought would never leave me,
Is gone.
He contradicted his promises,
He contradicted everything.
Now that he's gone,
All i'm left with are memories of better days,
And a bunch of broken promises and lies.
I suppose i lack love,
A smile,
And a friend.
Therefore,
For me,
Happiness is unreachable.

No comments:

Post a Comment