Monday, March 16, 2009

No longer here.

You left for a second,
Now you're gone forever.

I don't know what to do anymore.
When i think that life's starting to look up,
Everything comes crashing down on me.
To be positive about how things are right now,
Is mission impossible for me.
Where did my superman go?
The person that saved me when i was deeply troubled.
I used to be so vulnerable and depressed.
I isolated myself from the world.
I hid away from everything.
Me sitting alone in the far, dark corners of the world.
Too afraid to come out,
Too afraid to trust,
Too afraid to depend on someone.
Then you came along and stood before me,
Putting out your hand.
Reaching out to me,
Offering to save me.
I declined it at first,
I didn't want to have false hope of someone being there for me.
I didn't want to be disappointed.
I thought you'd leave after i turned away from you.
But you're still here.
You're still standing before me.
You're hand is still reaching for mine.
You're still wanting to save me from this troubled place.
Over time, i finally reached for your hand.
And you picked me up, and helped me stand on my own two feet.
I was no longer isolated to the far corners of the world,
Because i was welcomed into your light,
Your arms,
Your heart.
I thought then and there,
That if i could depend on someone,
It would be you.
I was relieved that i no longer had to be alone.
It was a dream come true.
However, like all dreams,
They are short lived.
I fell down once again,
Unable to stand up.
I reached out for you,
But your hand was no longer reaching for mine.
You no longer stood before me.
Its like you disappeared without a word.
And at that moment,
I was alone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment