Sunday, March 15, 2009

To not wake up would be bliss.

Bright, white lights seep through the cracks of my blinds.
The rays of light strike my eyes like lightning,
Causing me to awake from my slumber.
Its early in the afternoon that i arise.
Feeling slightly light-headed and dizzy as i struggle to stand up and make my way to the bathroom.
Splashes of water washes away the salt which has set on my face from last nights downpour of tears.
I look at my reflection with a sigh.
My eyes are surrounded by dark spots from lack of sleep.
Thinking back to last night.
Me laying inbed starring at my phone,
Waiting for a reply.
None was received.
I shake my head in attempt to erase the thought.
I look up and my reflection again.
My face, now tear-streaked.
From a slight sob, now became a violent cry.
I fall to my knees, my face in my hands.
I try to control myself, but end in failure.
How am i supposed to feel when you're not here?
I slowly stand up and brush myself off.
Heading back to my room, i collapse on the bed attempting to fall asleep again.
Reality is not worth being awake for.
I close my eyes as reality slips away from me.
I'm now caught in a dream, hoping never to wake up.
To live this dream for eternity,
This dream that you exist in.
This dream of a world that contains my smile and laughter.
My fake utopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment