Friday, October 9, 2009

Love is a Battlefield.

Everyone seems to be pulling me in the opposite direction of you,
And you and me both know that i'll never listen to them.
But i'm left to think,
What if i'm wrong?

Every time we fall apart,
It seems one of us just has to crawl back to the other every chance we get.
Is it normal for people to fight endless battles,
And just surrender time after time?
Can this war truly be won if we just keep running back?

Instead of giving in to the other,
I want to be able to negotiate,
To work things out.
That way we won't have to return to this awful place,
And during all the time we spend placing blame,
We could be having the time of our lives.

The only thing keeping us from ending this feud,
Is understanding.
Its hard enough trying to understand anything you say or feel,
Let alone have you change your mind every second.
One minute you'd say one thing,
And the next you're saying the complete opposite.

I'm happy with believing what you say,
But i'd be happier if those words stayed,
Rather than be replaced with something totally different.
Then again, I suppose its just what you're feeling right?
I don't want to force you to feel something towards me,
I don't need to be your whole world...
I just wish to be a part of it.

I don't need you to say "i love you",
I don't need you to keep me happy with fake words,
Fake emotions,
Fake relationships.
I don't need you to be something you're not.
I don't need you to win this war...
This war is for both of us...
I don't need you to fight alone,
Because whether you need me or not,
I'm always here...
Waiting for a chance to prove myself.
But a soldier without a goal,
Or a sense of meaning,
Is just someone fighting without a cause...

Give me a reason for being.

I love you,
But is that enough to hold us together?

No comments:

Post a Comment