Saturday, October 24, 2009

Acceptance.

The thoughts you hide,
The emotions you ignore,
The words you leave unspoken...
Don't be so stressed about covering up what you want to express.
Say what you wish,
Feel how you want,
Write what you desire.
You don't need to hide everything for my sake.
If you don't want me to know,
Then don't grant me access to what is in your heart...
I accept our past,
I accept your actions,
I accept your intentions.
I forgive you.
Of course, thinking about it bothers me,
But hey, i guess that's my own problem.
You weren't the cause for my sadness,
I was.
The choices i made were my own.
So i shouldn't ambush you with blame,
Or make excuses for myself.
We both know that i will always have that place for you in my heart,
But i guess we both have different places in life.
We won't always get along,
We won't always be at peace,
But...we won't always be at war either.
I don't necessarily need a place in your heart,
I just want to rebuild that friendship which was lost...
____________________________________________

I'm starting to see the silver lining.
I won't bother finding my old self,
Because i never really liked her in the first place.
I think i'm just going to work towards a new me,
Nothing fake of course.
Just taking what i've been through to improve myself.
Change what is changeable,
But still keeping the parts that everyone loves.
I'm not going to try and be perfect,
Because perfection is not what i'm aiming for.
I will always have my flaws,
The things people hate,
But that's what makes me, me.
And if people can't accept it,
Then they shouldn't bother accepting me at all.
Life is tough,
But it is only what you make it out to be, right?
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment