Monday, October 26, 2009

Contempt with loneliness.

I always thought of loneliness as a sad thing,
And that only that certain person could rid me from it.
But now i know that it's not always the case.
After all that has happened,
It has really opened my eyes to a lot of things.
I'm no longer looking straight ahead,
But have a new field of vision.
Before, my eyes were only set on one thing,
Now i look around and i see so many other things.
I don't think i have the right to say that i'm lonely,
After all my new discoveries.
Yes, i do wish i could have that certain someone be here with me,
But that's life.
You can't always have what you want,
And sometimes,
You could find something better.
From a certain person,
Becomes certain people.
No one could possibly replace others of course,
But you work around it.
Settling for less?
I don't think so...
Perhaps its more like settling for something that is better suited to you,
Rather than what you want.
Sometimes you're uncertain of what you want,
But perhaps what you wanted isn't anything you've ever needed.
Why waste away your days missing something you will never have,
When you could be out there having fun.
Isn't that the logical thing?
The love will always be there,
But i've realised that,
I don't miss you like i used to,
I don't mind if you're not here,
I don't need to always talk to you,
I don't have to be your number one.
With life comes great sacrifice,
If it's worth everything you have,
You go for it.
Sometimes taking a gamble is worth the risk,
Other times,
Not so much.
You could go all in,
And lose everything.
But sometimes, you might be rewarded for your efforts.
Don't dwell in things which are irrevocable and that which brings you pain,
Instead rid yourself of all the gloom,
And be happy just for the sake of being happy.
Being lonely isn't something unfortunate,
Because now i'm contempt with loneliness...

1 comment: