Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wings of love.

"Love" is a very broad topic,
There are many different understandings of it.
Whether it be people of this age are not old enough to understand its complexities,
That "love" is the greatest and closest thing there is to a miracle,
Some might even say it is just an illusion.
But i believe that "love",
Is just a word that sums up all that is good.
Because of such aspects like happiness,
Euphoria,
Care,
Compassion,
Trust,
And everything else,
"Love" is formed.
I'm not sure if there is any emotion that could compare to "love",
But i suppose love is like having wings.
If you have wings,
You can fly.
Which is like love because it takes you to new heights.
Places where you've never gotten to on your own,
Scary places which makes you stand upto your fears and doubts...
But when those wings fail,
You fall ten thousand feet to the ground,
Which leaves you with scars and wounds that may never heal.
Sometimes its even hard to get up,
Let alone take that one step that leads you towards the future...
Some are so severely hurt by the impact,
That they just lay there,
Lifeless,
Watching as their life is wasted,
Dwelling on what has happened...
But in the end,
All you can do is recover your wings,
And keep flying...

I'm on my way to recovery,
My wings are covered in bandages and scars,
But in time...
I'll be up in the sky again.
I aim to reach the clouds,
Those sanctum, white objects which float ever so softly...

Before my fall,
I felt so much happiness,
It was all a bit too overwhelming,
But still,
It was the best, most scary experience of my life.
Though my wings gave up half way,
Causing me to fall ever so hard on the cold grounds,
Of which that is this earth,
This life,
This reality...
I suffered for months,
Which felt like forever.
Then one day,
I figured,
The pain wasn't so bad anymore...
Over time,
I realised that my wings were no longer as frail as they once were.
They've grown stronger after all this time.
And i think,
Its about time,
I set off again...
Set off,
On my journey,
Into the sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment