Friday, September 18, 2009

Misguided.

After all this time,
I still haven't moved on.
And my heart sure hasn't forgotten either.
Everyone is telling me to find another,
And i have but,
No one else comes anywhere close to you.
I've met many people,
People who would treat me like a princess.
But in the end,
I'm not looking for Mr. Perfect,
Superman,
Or Prince Charming.
You didn't treat me that well,
But i loved you so much.
So when a good guy comes along,
I question myself "Why?".
Why can't i fall for him?
Why is there no chemistry?
Why do i feel nothing?
Such a simple word,
Simple question,
Complicated answer that comes with it.
I think that remembering you,
Makes it impossible to like anyone else.
I try so hard,
To erase you from my memory.
I close my eyes,
And i see your face.
Then i open,
And i see no one.
Loneliness.
I know i said good bye for a reason,
But it kills so much being away from you.
I knew that us being together,
Was too complicated,
That we'd just drive eachother insane.
So i thought i'd let go,
So i wouldn't hold you back anymore,
So that you could find someone better,
So that we'd be at peace.
Though i'm just the same,
I thought that you'd always turn out better than me.
Because thats the way it has always been.
I'm so used to you having an apathetic attitude towards me,
And i'm sure you're very used to me always being pessimistic.
But i realise that you've changed,
And i sure have changed aswell.
If only you could see,
How much i've altered myself,
How much i care...
I really am stupid aren't i?
I said goodbye,
Now i'm trying to drag you back into my life...
I'm lost without any direction.
I don't know what i want from you,
And i don't know what i want from myself.
I just don't know where to go from here.
The map says turn left,
But i see no road.
I'm walking on a dirt road,
Trying to find a path,
A track,
Something that is heading somewhere...
I'm so misguided...
I wished you were here to show me the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment