Sunday, September 27, 2009

Starry Night.

Someone once told me,
That when there is only one star in the sky,
You make a wish.
So last night,
I closed my eyes and wished...
Then when i looked back up at the sky,
The star was gone.
I wonder what that means.
Maybe my wish will come true,
I guess it's all upto you...
_______________________________

I gaze up at the dark, night sky,
I see a crescent moon,
And one twinkly, bright star.
This star i see,
Is so dazzling,
Yet so alone.
By itself it shines past all the darkness,
Creating a small sense of hope,
For the mere mortals beneath it.
I close my eyes,
And think up a wish.
So many things which i desire,
But only one to choose.
I make my decision,
And unlock my eyes.
It seems my star has disappeared.
Where have you gone my star?
The sky seems so dark without you.
Have you gone to grant my wish,
Or have you abandoned me?
I hope you come back,
You're my star.
Without you,
My sky seems so dark and empty.
What night would i have then,
If you weren't there for me to gaze at?
I wish that you'd always be here...
Star of mine.
______________________________

Do wishes really come true?
You can't say no,
Seeing as some people have received what they wanted.
I guess it all depends on what you're wishing for.
Sometimes you need to grant your own wish,
And make it come true on your own.
Other times you're just lucky and it just happens.
I suppose we have wishes to express what we want.
If we wish hard enough,
Then maybe the wish will come true,
Because our desire is so great,
We'd do anything to achieve this "wish".
Unfortunately,
Its not always like this,
And in the end we're left unfulfilled.
"You can’t own everything you desire. Sometimes, all you can do is appreciate their existence."

No comments:

Post a Comment