Friday, September 11, 2009

Forever in slow motion.

Have you ever felt so emotionless,
That it feels like the world is in fast forward,
While you're in slow motion?

Everywhere i look, i see couples.
"I love you" they all say.
Such hollow words,
Said with a full smile.
It's so easy to lie these days, isn't it?
Every false truth that escapes those cruel lips of yours,
Can be so easily bought,
By those too lost in their own fantasy.
Too blind to see past your cold slander.
Our hearts cheat us into believing that this love is genuine,
That no one could compare to that person,
That it is everlasting,
That love is forever.
A painful smirk appears on my face,
And i laugh.
"Forever".
One of the most bitter lies someone could tell.
Nothing lasts forever,
Especially something as malleable as "love".
Then again,
Only a fool would believe such things.
Yes...
Only a fool could be convinced that love can never change,
That it can only grow,
That love never fades...
In that case,
I accuse myself of folly.

Pitiful me,
Looking back on meaningless memories.
I look up at the sky,
Fighting back the regretful tears seeping from my eyes.
I wonder when these wings of love,
Are ready to set off again.
I dived too quickly into the air,
That i fell once again.
I wonder if you know,
That i could see past all the deceit,
That it drove me insane knowing what you hid away,
That i was never misled by your tales...
But i never said a word,
And faked this smile of mine.
Just like you faked this love.

Ironic isn't it?
When you're so sure of what you know,
Yet you find excuses to go against it.
The truth burns away at your insides,
So you rather give your all in a beautiful lie.
When you're struck with dishonesty,
It pains more than words could comprehend,
And more so when you deny it.

Everywhere i look, i see,
People starring back at me.
The one moving in slow motion,
The one left behind.
The one hypnotised by your fiction,
The one who was foolish enough to believe,
Believe in "forever".

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment