Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You're only human...

Sometimes i wonder why i can't be as simple-minded as others.
Perhaps i was never cut out to be a simpleton.
Or maybe,
I'm so simple that people don't know how to treat me.
I know i can be very confusing at times,
But that's only because some people cause my pessimistic side to show.
Sometimes,
When you're told something repeatedly,
It starts to sink in,
And you start believing what they say,
Whether it be a joke or not.
Its hard to think positively,
When all that escapes other peoples mouths,
Is negativity.
I mean,
Why expect someone to be optimistic,
When all you're doing,
Is telling them the negatives?
Humans;
Such strange and perplexed creatures.
We all doubt things when something good happens,
Yet we complain when it doesn't happen.
I suppose, some things are just too good to be true,
And we search endlessly for reasons to spoil this good "thing".
But when it doesn't happen,
We constantly ponder about how much we want it,
And get disappointed when we wait too long.
We'll never be truly satisfied.

I guess something good has happened to me lately,
But in a way,
Its rather the opposite.
I'm not sure which way i'm leaning towards at the moment.
Its good because it makes me happy,
And i've been waiting for it for so long,
It almost seems like forever that i've been waiting...
It could also be counted as bad because,
During that period of time,
I worked so hard to get where i am today,
But it will just drag me back to the start.
The moment when i'm about to move on,
I get pulled back again...
I'm doubting a lot,
And i'm not sure how to feel.
I suppose before i figure out how i feel,
I need to know how you truly feel...
About me,
And about "her".

But for your sake and for mine,
I will cease all the doubts,
And just live for the moment.
In time i really do need to know what you're thinking...
But for now,
I'll enjoy this good "thing",
Before it ends :)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment