Saturday, August 29, 2009

Farewell, Mason.

Nice move.
Checkmate.

I guess its better for both of us this way,
Not talking.
This way our cycle can end.
The cycle where we talk,
We fight,
We blame,
We forget,
We forgive.
Repeat.

Through everything,
I put up with you and your ways.
I know you tolerated me aswell,
And i'm sure it was very difficult for you.
I'm sorry i made you suffer,
I'm sorry i didn't treat you the way you deserve,
I'm sorry i make things complicated,
I'm sorry I make you upset,
I'm sorry we had to fight so many meaningless battles.
And i'm sorry i didn't turn out to be the person you wanted.

The things which brought us closer,
Were also the things which tore us apart.
We were identical in almost every way,
Which is why we drove eachother to insanity.
With the same fatal flaws and bad habits,
We caused eachother so much pain.
The love that once existed,
Could not surpass the mass of conflict that arose.

I know that no matter how hard i try,
Or what i do,
Life will never go my way.
And i will never possess your love,
Or your understanding.
Our selfish pride really did blind me,
It blinded us both.
You were too blind to see the road of destruction you travelled on,
And i was too blind to see,
That you will never love me.

I know i'm stupid for loving you.
Even when it hurts,
I still held on.
Because i believe that maybe one day,
You could return my feelings.
But now i understand you never will,
So i'm letting you go...

The only way to overcome this war,
Is for one side to give up.
And i suppose it is me who waves this lonely, white flag.
I surrender.
This war ends.
I wish you happiness for tomorrow and onwards.
Hope your life is better without me.
I'm not sure what my heart will do,
But rest assured,
My heart will never get to you...

I have nothing left to say,
But i will take you up on what you said.
Perhaps one day i won't need to fake a smile,
Maybe i'll truly be happy...
Though you won't be here to smile with me,
I know your smile will live on...

This is my sincere...
Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment