Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why?

When will enough be enough?
What am i supposed to do when the world leaves me so helpless?
Obstacle after obstacle,
Fight after fight.
Why must i deal with everything?

My heart is left empty.
The spaces i reserved for my loved ones,
Are now vacant.
It seems everyone walked out,
And left me by myself.

Do you expect me to be able to live without you?
Do you think i can cope?
Am i supposed to stay strong with nothing to support me?
Are these tears meant to dry themselves?
Did you have to leave me?

I watch as everyone exits,
I watch their backs faced towards me.
Not a single face can be seen,
And neither can they see my tear-streaked face.
I shudder and shiver,
As their once warm smiles and hugs melts away.
I'm left in the cold.

Have you forgotten i'm alive?
Do my tears mean nothing?
Do i mean nothing?
What can i do to be something?
Won't you reconsider?
How much longer must i wait?

There's no one left to forget me,
There's no one left to care,
There's no one left to love,
There's no one left to bring me happiness,
There's no one left to bring me pain.
I am alone.

Won't someone hold my hand?
Won't someone return?
Won't someone comfort me?
Won't someone care?
How can you watch me fall like this?
How can you forget?

Why am i left with such questions?
Why won't you answer them?
Why?

1 comment:

  1. Why ask so many questions?
    Why do you think someone has all the answers?
    Why can't you see all this is for one person?
    Why can't you just walk away and forget about it?
    Why do you need him there?
    Why should you care when he doesn't?
    Why I ask?
    Why?

    ReplyDelete