Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Clouds~

Clouds;
Soft and gentle looking things in the sky.
They are constantly moving,
Up high in the sky they float.
Contrasting with a blanket of azure,
The clouds are always seen.
On occasion they'd disappear or blend into the sky,
Turning it a shade of dark grey.
But they'd always return,
And continue to cover the heavens.

I wish i was a cloud,
That way i'd always be moving somewhere,
Instead of being stuck in one place.
Never moving,
Never changing,
Caught up with the same thing.
If i were a cloud,
I wouldn't have a care in the world.
Because i know i'm high up where i can't be reached,
And i'd be always moving on,
Moving forward,
Leaving behind my once upon a time.

I gaze up at the sky,
Admiring the clouds which float there.
But the sky seems different today,
The clouds have stopped moving.
It feels likes the world has come to a stop,
Time froze,
Life was on hold.
And to think the one thing i knew would always be moving has ceased.
Now the clouds stand still,
Not moving an inch forward,
Nor an inch back.
But stuck in its own tracks.

Irony.
I wished to be a cloud,
But who knew the cloud became what i am now.
Something that will never be able to move past the bad,
Move past my problems,
Move past the good times,
Move on.

I stare at the clouds,
Hoping to find even the slightest movement.
I do not.
I let out a laugh much like a sigh.
The clouds are no longer something i look up to,
Instead the clouds look down on me.
A lowly human life who can't handle her own destiny.
And just like that.
Me and the clouds stay put where we are...
Never moving...
Never changing...
Like this we linger...

No comments:

Post a Comment