Friday, June 12, 2009

Bounded by the past...

Ice crystals form on the leaves,
As the temperature drops.
A giant, dark blanket of night,
Covers the sky and all that is beneath it.
The eerie silence is broken with subtle sounds of the crickets,
And the gentle sobs which exude from me.
Pungent tears bleed from my eyes,
Causing it to redden.
My skin is left pale and desaturated,
As the cold numbs my body.
While my tears flow from my eyes,
Memories flow from my mind.
Smiles, happiness, laughter.
All things of the past,
A past never to repeat itself.
Then thoughts consume my head,
Thoughts of you,
Thoughts of me,
Thoughts of us.
My tears are no longer gentle,
But now crude.
What happened to the happiness we felt back then?
I want to be there for you like i used to be,
To offer you happiness,
And everything i could.
But why are you pushing me away?
Is it because you don't love me?
Or is it that its too painful to think about our former years,
And comparing it to how it is now.
I'm so bounded by my memories,
I can't seem to move forward.
Instead i'm living in the present based on the past.
I remember back to when we spoke last,
It felt just like old times.
We talked til late,
Not bothering about the time.
If we can still talk like we used to,
Then whats stopping us from picking up where we left off?
Do you fear us parting again?
Or is it that we're at our limit...

No comments:

Post a Comment