Friday, August 28, 2009

One year. 280808

I never believed that you were there for me,
Because you weren't.
I never understood why you were so distant,
But now i do.

Its one year since we were first together,
When our journey began.
It was a short journey,
But together we shared so many memories.
I learnt what love was,
And together we found happiness.

Unfortunately our happiness was short-lived,
Because you never understood me,
Or even tried to consider how i felt.
I wanted you to be there,
I gave you so many opportunities,
But not once did you seize them.

Its not hate nor am i denying my heart.
The way i feel towards you is based on how you felt towards me,
And how you cared for me.
Maybe you're the one denying your heart...
Because of me,
You changed.
Perhaps you changed because of how you regret being with me...

Fear should not keep you from what you want,
For you show true strength when you overcome this weakness of yours.
Don't try to assume our future,
Whether we do or not,
Who knows.

It makes me sad to think that we're not together,
And the fact that you will never love me.
I wonder what today means for you,
Whether it means anything at all.
Within this one year,
I know we've suffered a lot.
Such a wasted year it has been.
We both seek something neither of us can find,
But perhaps we're too blinded by our pride.

I've always accepted you for the way you were,
For the way you are.
Perhaps i don't like how you've changed,
But perhaps what i love about you still remains...

I wished that our journey could continue,
And that we could celebrate today.
But i guess,
Today is just honored by me.
As painful as that is to admit.

I say these words.
From my heart to yours...
I still love you.
Happy one year.

If only we made it this far...

Never say "hello" when you really mean...
"good bye"...

No comments:

Post a Comment