Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Reflections of the lost.

I also found this poem i wrote a while ago in my mac.

When i look into the mirror,
All i see is a sad, miserable little girl.
Salty tears flood her eyes,
Burning her skin as the trickle down her pale face.
Her black hair hanging across her face,
As if she's trying to block out the sunlight,
Block out the sight of the world.
Creating darkness,
A synthetic night.

There's an old saying,
That a persons eyes are a window into their soul.
But when i look into the mirror,
Into the reflection of her eyes.
All i see is an empty darkness,
Not a trace of light.
She's dead inside,
Completely lifeless and hollow.

I can hardly recognise this girl,
But no matter how i think about it,
Its me looking back at my own reflection.
This is the girl i have become,
This is me...

No comments:

Post a Comment