Thursday, November 19, 2009

One-sided Friendship

After all these years, every mistake you did, every fight you conjured up..
I put up with it, i dealt with your shit, i was the bigger person.
But when i slip up, when i make a mistake, its like the world is ending.
Why is this?
When you want to do something and i complain, you get angry.
But when i want to do something, you complain, and that's okay?
When i want to be calm and rational,
You scream at me over something silly.
When i say the smallest thing that offends you,
You crush my soul with harsh words, but in the end we're all cool?
When you're wrong and i'm the one to apologise first, you have nothing to say?
When you make me cry, you act as if nothing is wrong? That nothing ever happened?
If you're in trouble i drop everything to help you out,
But when i need you, you couldn't care less?
You cause all these problems for me, but i put up with it, because you're my friend.
But can friendship be one-sided?
Why should i continue to be your friend, if i'm treated like the enemy?
I accept your flaws, i understand your bad habits, i know who you are...
But why don't you try to understand me?
Why is it that i'm the one to blame?
I'm only human...
What do you expect from me...
I try my hardest to do everything i can for you,
But in the end...
It means nothing.
I mean nothing.
But as always, after every fight, we act as if nothing happened..
And i will have to keep going through this time and time again...
How much longer can put up with it?
After 9 years...i just don't give a shit anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment