Saturday, November 14, 2009

Breaking free.

The silver feels cold in my clenched hands,
Squeezing tightly, i can feel the chains slowly indenting itself into my skin.
As i walk towards the buildings edge, i think back to how long i've held onto this.
Increasing my speed, i ditch the item within my hands.
Sparkling in the sun, before landing somewhere unknown.
It was due time for me to let go of what i've grabbed hold of for so long.
My eyes are searching for it, my heart full of regret.
But its over.
Lost forever.
My intentions granted.

The charms that once bound us together,
I return to you.
From and simple touch, or glance, brings back the memories of how they came to be.
A present from you to me.
I can't look back without seeing heartache and regret,
So keep it or do as you wish.
I'm slowly ridding myself of what made us, us.
Because "us" does not exist, not anymore.
There is no "we", there is only a you, and only a me.

I swallow these words i cannot voice.
I close my eyes and fight back these tears.
I turn away from these thoughts.
I create refuge for my wounded heart.

A toast to my new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment