Saturday, November 7, 2009

New realisation.

I was so convinced that the pain i felt would always be there,
Like a permanent scar to my heart.
But now, its as if the scar faded away,
And became one with my heart.
The pain has disappeared and i'm cured from this hurt.
Over time, i've realised that not being with him isn't such a big deal.
I see him with her,
But no longer does it tug at my heart.
I see their smiles,
And i smile with them.
Everything was such a mess,
But now i guess it's all cleaned up.
I was falling apart after just hearing his name,
But its just like any other word now.
Perhaps i've finally learnt to let go and move on.
Letting go; something i've always questioned.
This new realisation has given me an answer,
Letting go is not necessary about forgetting,
More like being able to see them as just a friend,
Being able to stop the constant "what if's",
The constant longing for them...
Letting go means to literally stop holding on.
Just like a dove caught in your hands,
Just set it free.
Watch as everything you've ever wanted, known and loved,
Flies away...
And you're content with seeing it all disappear,
Because you're fine with letting go.
In time things will change,
But i know i will always love him.
I just don't need him to be my everything anymore.
He used to be my world,
Everything revolved around him.
But i suppose his gravity stopped pulling me in,
And i was able to move on.
He was like my balloon,
Just like a child i looked upto it in admiration.
My attention never slipped up,
The balloon had it all.
Then i realised that sometimes other things bring you greater happiness,
So i let the balloon slip out of my fingers,
And slowly float away into someone else's hands...
___________________________________

Hopefully you'll treat her right,
Better than you treated me.
I just wanted to say...
Thank you.
You were mean,
You treated me like shit...
But you let me experience what love was,
And all the pain has made me grow stronger than ever.
I hope you'll be able to experience the same love i felt towards you with her...

No comments:

Post a Comment