Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Great Love.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

I never chose to feel this way, so why can't i help it?
If feeling this way was an option, then i wouldn't have chosen it.
But why?
Why does my heart feel like its about to disintegrate after every beat?
I tucked away all the pain into a small corner of my world,
But your wind has blown it all my way.
I don't think i can clean up this same mess again.
My universe used to be so full.
There was love and happiness all around.
But now that you're gone, this place looks empty and barren,
As if you took it all away when you left.
I'm cleansing myself with my tears,
But your trace still remains,
Just as your touch to my skin,
Your scent to my nose,
Your beauty to my eyes,
Your kiss to my lips,
And your love to my heart.
The silence says it all,
And these words i'm writing are just absent thoughts.
The feelings fuel the burning within my soul,
From the sparks we made which started the fire.
I suppose our love ran out, and the fire extinguished itself.
I've had the privilege of experiencing a broken heart,
I wonder what i ever did to deserve something so prestigious.
This smile i'm forcing, is just a pigment of my act.
I'm pretending i'm over it to avoid the responsibility that comes with reality.
Over time, things will get better,
It'll get easier to forget the pain,
But i'll never be the same.
And who knows how long it will take for me to learn how to live without you.
The love will forever be there,
But how hard will it be to ignore it?
Pain is inevitable.
But sometimes suffering is not an option.



A great love? It's when you shed tears for him but still you care for him. It's when he ignored you but you still long for him. It's when he starts loving another, and yet you manage a smile and find the courage to say "I'm happy for you."

What has this great love ever done for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment