Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fade To Black.

I'm roaming these dark, deserted streets alone,
In search to find him.
Every corner i turn is empty and blank.
I'm running, my breathing heavy and rapid.
Growing wary and tired i come to a stumbling halt.
I can't seem to find my way,
He's out there but i'm unable to find him.
One minute i had him,
I had it all.
But the lights went out and he disappeared into the darkness.
My anticipation increases,
And i'm growing desperate.
Without him it feels so lonely and cold.
In these unfamiliar streets i feel out of place.
His arms are the only place i need to be.
I'm sick and tired of being alone,
So lost and confused with my own disappointment.
My eyes are searching for him,
But i can't see at all.
Past these run-down buildings,
And unoccupied streets,
Is him.
Somewhere beyond all the unknown,
He remains.
I'm turning around,
Walking in circles,
I feel like i'm on a merry-go-round.
Determination burns within me and,
Naively i pick up my feet,
And go off running without direction,
Without any guidance.
After passing this place for the hundredth time,
I finally realise...
I've been here in the past.
My mind is playing tricks on me,
Causing me to believe this place is somewhere unknown.
But i'm so aware of my surroundings.
This is the place where me and him came to be.
These buildings once were home to our love,
The happiness,
The memories.
But now they remain unattended and abandoned.
I've lost you again,
More than once.
But each time feels so new.
The street lights flicker,
The cold air blowing hair to my face.
I quickly tuck the loose strands behind my ear,
As i look up...
I'm standing here infront of all our memories,
The place where so much happiness and love was born.
Such beauty,
Now left as a broken wreck.
I hesitantly walk towards the door,
A slight turn of the handle,
And a gush of such bittersweet thoughts and imagines invade my fragile mind.
Falling to my knees,
I watch as everything we worked towards get buried under the dust of forgetfulness.
He's left so much regret and heartbreak in one place,
Blended with all the euphoria of the past.
A sudden movement,
I feel the earth under me falter,
Then i look up as i see the ceiling come crashing down.
My instinct tells me immediately to make a run for it,
Heading towards the door i find a road block...
He stands there,
Before my eyes.
After my endless search,
He found his way to me.
But...
He seems so different,
I sense nothing when i'm near him.
I'm positive it's him,
But why do i not feel such a sensation anymore?
I manage to brush off the doubts swarming in my head,
And continue to move before everything comes crashing down.
He stands in the way,
Blocking the route to freedom.
Why won't he move?
It's like he wants me to forever be trapped in this place,
To never be able to move out,
To move on...
In a split second,
I felt my whole world fall on top of me,
Crushing me.
I'm forever detained under the memories,
Bounded by our broken past.
I'll never be able to forget him,
Because he left me buried under it all.
My arms are still reaching for him,
I see a figure ahead of me.
I'm trying to get to him,
I'm pleading for help.
But his figure turned into a dark blur,
And i watch as his back faces me,
And slowly walks away...
Left behind,
I can barely support this stress on my shoulders,
I can barely breathe.
The ache in my heart hurts more than the weight placed on me.
My eyes flutter,
My vision becomes vague,
And my world faded to black...

No comments:

Post a Comment