Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year. New Start.

A year has passed. Happy new year everyone.
365 days has gone by so suddenly.
Time sure flies, doesn't it?
Before i knew it, 2010 has already kicked in...

It's hard to accept that a whole year has flown by.
During this year, i don't think i really accomplished anything.
Well, i guess that's a lie.
I've learnt a lot about myself and about others.
However, i haven't really seen through my resolutions til the end.
Everything i've done in this pathetic year has been halfhearted.
I suppose that explains why i never succeeded.
A year ago i was a person who was broken down til the end of her limit.
Now, i suppose i'm still the same,
But of course some wounds have healed and i've grown to become stronger and more independent.
Even with such improvements,
I think i wasted a whole year of my life.
Whether it be not focusing on my studies and goals,
Or waiting around for that certain someone.
Either way it all ended in failure.
There is so much which i regret in this one year,
But it's too late for that.
I will not regret the regrettable.
This year came to a stop too abruptly,
It's a bit overwhelming.
But there is no time to be shocked now.
All there is to it,
Is to work towards a better year,
A better future.
Sometimes i come off rather conceited,
My selfishness really is an obstacle.
But one i will overcome.
After all this time i've lost so many loved ones,
But have also gained new friends.
I've forgotten so many memories,
But have created new treasured moments.
I've shed so many tears,
But smiled through all the happiness.
I've broken down,
But have been built up.
I've been heartbroken,
But have been in love.
During this year i've had so many experiences,
Ones which broke me,
And others which made me.
Either way, this year has changed me so many wonderful and horrible ways.
I'm rather afraid of what this new year brings,
But i'm ready for whatever comes at me.
I want to be a better person.
I want to be able to smile without regret.
I want to be able to bring happiness to those around me.
I want to be able to survive year 11.
I want to achieve this with all of my heart...

Goodbye 2009,
Along with all the pain and sadness,
The failures and disappointments,
The drama and mishaps...
And Goodbye,
To you...

2010,
I welcome you with open arms,
And an open heart...

1 comment: