Thursday, January 28, 2010

I dream that you exist...

I gave away my tears,
As if they didn't come at a price.
Sadness and disappointment in the form of liquid,
Trickling from my eyes like light rainfall.
But at what cost did i suffer,
Exposing these tears to you?
You broke my trust,
And caused me to damage my pride.
"I'll mend your heart",
I guess you couldn't...
Instead you broke what was left of it.
I'm officially over trying to reassemble myself,
Trying to sooth my loneliness,
Trying to find someone who actually cared about me...
It's terrifying being alone.
It feels like i'm fading away,
Or perhaps, the world is fading,
Leaving me behind...
I tried to find my way,
But i ended up wondering aimlessly,
Now i'm more lost than ever.
What can i do?
I stare up at the brightest star in this dark and compelling sky,
I close my eyes,
Hands clapped together in prayer,
And i wish...
Please, come to my rescue...


You're someone who is so much like myself,
Yet so different.
When i'm sad,
I can trust you to be there,
To say that everything will be okay and that you'll always be there.
You're someone who can tolerate me when i'm moody,
But have the courage to tell me when i'm wrong and aren't always lenient of me.
You'll show me what its like to be loved by someone,
Whose smile just lights up my empty world.
Your kisses are so sweet,
It leaves me breathless.
You're someone who doesn't need to tell me that i'm pretty or whatnot,
Because being around you makes me feel so beautiful.
When i look into those adoring eyes,
My heart flutters and i just melt into your gaze.
Every word that escapes those lips of yours,
Just makes me laugh and worked up.
You're someone who will give me courage to keep fighting,
Because being with you is worth all the effort.
Everything will always work out because you're my one and only.
Together we'll live happily ever after,
And prove that perhaps fairytales are real...
It's just a shame...
I haven't met you yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment